Milk Trays by Milkies
I am really upset by all that floating plastic island in the ocean...and if there's anything that I can do about curtailing plastic manufacturing and disposal...I will.
So here's my take on Milk Trays™ vs. plastic milk storage bags:
Plastic storage bags are certainly a more stream-lined strategy...but are meant to only be used once...which also adds up to a lot of Moolah. Milk Trays, on the other hand, will be filled with the milk poured from your bottles and once frozen, become the perfect one ounce "mozzarella stick" shaped milk stick (and later on, can be used for your veggie purees).
Don't store those sticks in the trays...but rather use a Pyrex Glass tray (the kind you freeze lasagna in) and cover, labeling with blue painter's tape. Alternatively, store sticks in a gallon zip lock freezer bag (which also can be labeled with tape and can be reused). Frozen milk can be stored for 4-6 months and your sticks simply need to go in a bag labeled by month and year. TA-DA!
made from PETG plastic, a medical-grade plastic meeting the highest standards in plastic and manufactured right here in the United States! Milk Trays™
- 1 oz. Milk Sticks fit through ALL bottle openings, unlike “ice cubes”
- Lids block out freezer burn, eliminate freezer smells and are easy to stack
- Slim in size to ensure ample room in the freezer
- Plastic is very flexible making it easy to remove the frozen Milk Sticks.
- Reusable and can last, depending on use, for up to one year
- Made from hard plastic and does not allow fat soluble nutrients to adhere or cling to the sides like the soft plastic of nurser bags
- Invented by breastfeeding, working moms